Good reasons for businesses to “Go Solar”…
- Reduce or Eliminate Monthly Electric Bills
- Insulate your business from inevitable utility company rate increases for the life of your system.
- Invest in your company’s energy independence and help reduce your carbon footprint by producing your own renewable energy.
- With the spectre of electric cost volatility looming in the future, your business will be protected from that uncertainty by an investment in a Solar Electric system today!
- Net Metering
- A New York State mandate to utility companies, which has been revised to include commercial installations, requires utility companies to “buy back” the power you produce at retail price. Click the link for more information and visit our “Benefits” page for more detailed information.
- Remote Net Metering now allows a business to assign kilowatt hour credits produced by one PV system to multiple off-site electric meters.
- Increase the value of your commercial property.
- Get Limited Lifetime Warranty Protection
- The workmanship on your installation is guaranteed by Mountaintop Greene Clean Energy. In the unlikely event that there is a problem with your system, we will respond within 24 hours.
- All component manufacturers warranties honored.
- Environmental Benefits
- Most of our electricity is produced by burning coal in this area of New York. Every bit of electricity your system produces helps reduce pollution in the air, water, and soil.
- We live in Greene County; your business can do it’s part to help keep Greene County green!
- Use “Environmentally Friendly” in your marketing material. Join the growing “Greene County Green” network of local citizens,businesses, and organizations.
- Roof, Ground and Pole Mounted Systems Available.
- See our “Mounting Options” page.
- New York State Energy Resource and Development Agency (NYSERDA) Incentive rebates
- $1.30 per watt (first 50kW of system size) for commercial PV systems up to 200kW (200,000 watts). This works out to a $65,000.00 rebate for the first 50kW of system size, with a lower incentive rate for over the initial 50kW system, up to 200kW. The incentive rate for the remainder of the system size over 50kW up to 200kW is now $.90 per watt as per the revised NYSERDA two tiered incentive rates. Call for more information.
- Mountaintop Greene Clean Energy will handle all paperwork regarding NYSERDA incentives, permitting, and commissioning and the interconnection of your system with your utility company.
- Accelerated depreciation: MACRS + 100% Bonus Depreciation Schedule.
- Thanks to The Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010, businesses are able to take Bonus depreciation in 2011 and 2012 of 100% and 50% respectively.
- Discuss with your Accounting Department.
- EXPIRED AT END OF 2011: 1603 Program: Payments for Specified Energy Property in Lieu of Tax Credits (United States Treasury Department)This 1603 Program has been extended through 2011.
- If your business qualifies for this Program, an application can be submitted to have your 30% Business Energy Investment Tax Credit transferred to a cash payment, which can be received in as few as 60 days.
- This program, along with MACRS + 100% Bonus Depreciation Schedules, has been the impetus for many businesses in the United States deciding to invest in Solar Energy.
- Please look at the link above, and discuss with your Accounting Department.
A Few Words Regarding Incentives and Tax Credits
Please note that the rebates and financial incentives listed are conditional, and based upon your unique site, and financial situation. Mountaintop Greene Clean Energy lists these options as a service to your business, but all of these options must be discussed with your Accounting Department. All of these options can change at any time, and some are time sensitive. Please discuss these options with a professional accountant.
Only the NYSERDA incentive rebates will be included in your Mountaintop Greene Clean Energy Proposal, as these will be reserved by NYSERDA upon the acceptance of the Incentive Application.
Be aware that potential financial and tax incentives are not predetermined. Although there is an excellent chance that your business will qualify for these benefits, Please exersize due diligence in discussing all tax related incentives and depreciation schedules with your Accounting Department.